Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS 2
1 TALKING ABOUT THE BASICS 6
GET ORGANIZED 6
THE ROLE OF LISTS 7
LISTS AND MORE LISTS 8
2 INVITATIONS ARE US, BUT ARE THEY RIGHT? 11
WHAT TYPE OF PARTY ARE YOU HAVING? 11
WHO IS COMING? 11
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THEM? 12
BASIC INVITATIONS – ONLY THE FACTS 12
OPTIONAL INFORMATION 13
HOW INVITATIONS TRAVEL – MODES OF SENDING 14
VERBAL INVITATION 15
E-MAIL AND FACEBOOK 15
SELECTING INVITATIONS 15
SELECTING E-MAIL INVITATIONS 16
3 HOW DO YOU SCORE ON YOUR DECOR? 17
TYPES OF THANKSGIVING DECOR 17
DECOR BASICS 18
DECOR POSSIBILITIES 19
BASIC POINTERS 20
4 BAR-RING NONE – ALCOHOLIC AND NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS 22
SERVING THE GUESTS – WHO ARE THEY? 22
BAR BASICS 22
BELLY UP TO THE BAR 24
AT YOUR SERVICE OR “WHO IS MINDING THE BAR?” 25
SELF SERVE 25
GUEST ORDERED 26
SERVICE BAR 26
HINTS ON BUYING BOOZE 26
HOSTING RESPONSIBILITIES 27
5 FOOD: FEAST OR SNACKING 28
WHAT TO SERVE 28
AM I BEING SERVED OR CAN I HELP MYSELF? 29
WHERE TO SERVE 30
DINNER PARTY HINTS 30
GUIDELINES TO SURVIVAL 31
6 IS THAT REALLY ENTERTAINING? 33
ENTERTAINING SUGGESTIONS 33
YOUNG ADULTS 34
Sample Content Preview
There comes a time in everybody’s life when he or she decides it is time to throw a party. There are many different reasons why people want to have a party. Parties are a time for showing off your apartment, new home or recently acquired furniture. A party allows you to pay back others for their parties or dinners. A party may also:
• be the means of you celebrating something new and exciting such as a new job, moving, going to college.
• act as a factor in joint celebration. Your family and friends can spend time together.
• helps you to meet new neighbours.
• helps to solidify or create new relations with co-workers, business partners and the boss.
• help you recognize an older tradition such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, birthdays, anniversaries and other holidays and personal moments of celebration.
• be a way to celebrate a new tradition with friends and/or family.
There are so many things a party may be to someone. On one level it expands or controls your social life; on the other, it boosts your personal sense of self-esteem or morale. This is particularly true if you plan a successful event.
The party season does not mean a lot to some people. They dread even the thought of putting together a small dinner party or a large bash. While not everybody likes a party, many people love to attend them. Yet there is no need to have fear of parties. In fact, you should learn to embrace this form of entertainment and reflection of a part of your life. In doing so, you should also conquer any fear of throwing the flop of the year.Other Details
- 25 Articles (TXT)
- Ebook (PDF, DOC), 36 Pages
- Marketing Materials (PDF, DOC)
- File Size: 436 KB