Table of Contents
Sex Talk Basics
Choosing the Right Time to Speak to your Child
Use Age Appropriate Books
Include your own Morals and Values
Encourage Questions and Open Honest Discussion
Explore what Materials are being taught in the Child’s School
How not having the Sex Talk can Backfire
Sample Content Preview
Choosing the Right Time to Talk to your Child
Most parents are concern with their child especially when they are starting to ask questions about sex. As a concern parent, it is very important that you know the right time to speak to your child about this matter. At the early age of your child, it is very imperative that they already have an idea about the real world of sex scenario conversations.
In line with this, you also need to make sure that you have enough source of information especially when it comes to sex. In this way, you can be sure that your child will have a clear and better understanding about sex scenario.
Here, you will know some of the sources that will greatly help you to obtain proper knowledge about sex. With the help of these sources, it would be easier for you to discuss the birds and the bees with your child.
The Salient Sources to Gain Sexual Knowledge
Today, there are a lot of salient sources that will help you to easily gain sexual knowledge. If you are planning to talk with your child about sex, the first thing that you should take into consideration is to gather accurate and precise information and details about sex.
• The Media
Most teens and children in the present year are bombarded with sexual content and sexual images in movies, radio, television and magazines. According to studies, media messages from television are considered as the first introduction to the real world of sex. Instead of knowing and learning the significance of being responsible about sex, most teens and children receive mixed messages from romanticized and sexualized characters that are being portrayed in the media. As a parent, it is very important that you talk and guide them about the things that they usually see in the media.
Media is all around and this is one of the reasons why it is impossible to block it out. The best way to talk with your child about sex is to join them while they are watching television and at the same time tackle some of the sex scenario that they usually encounter. You can also pint out some of the advertisements and explain to them the messages that the advertisements want to convey to their viewers. However, you also need to bear in mind that media is not just limited to television. In the recent year internet is drastically growing as part of entertainment and this is recognized as one of the important sources of media that most people consume every single day. In connection with this, there are also video games that usually have sexual themes and this is one of the salient things that you can explain with your child. Furthermore, you can also make use of online resources that will help you to teach your child about their sexuality. You can also guide them while they are using their computers and browse some of the sex education websites that are widely available today.
One great example of online media that your child will encounter is the world of pornography. You must explain to your child that watching pornography is a normal habit especially to those adolescent boys however you must also discuss with them that pornography has the ability to create expectations about the real world of sex that are usually unrealistic particularly when it comes to the behavior, desires and appearance of women. You should also point out that emotional intimacy is a great part of sex. It is a fact that sexuality is a new part of your child’s life that they can learn and explore but you should also guide them to avoid sexual activities at their early age.
Teens and children usually talk with their peers about sex to easily gain emotional support however peers give inaccurate information about sexuality. Most of the peer groups spread false myths about sex and this is one of the important matters that you should be aware of.
Sexual conversations with teens and adolescents are likely center on ways to prevent pregnancy, having multiple sexual partners and sexual conquests. These conversations can also involve passing or teasing judgments about sexual attitudes and behaviors that can lead to negative and serious behaviors.
• School Educators- Not all universities and school teach about sex courses or sexuality. There also school that offers sex education courses however they don’t provide their students with complete sexual education. In line with this, there are also school educators that usually present clinical information about sex however they don’t tackle the emotional issues.
According to researches, there are some adolescents who are not satisfied with the teaching of their schools about sex since it does not discuss the realistic side of sex that usually involve feelings and experiences. However, there are few schools that provide more guidance about communicating sexual desires and relationship issues.
Choosing the right time to talk with your child about sex is extremely very important. With the help of these salient sources, it will help you to gain more idea and knowledge on how to start your conversation with your child about sex. It is true that discussing sex scenario and issues with your child is uncomfortable however you need to bear in mind that as your child is growing up, it is very important that they are aware and familiar with this matter to make sure that they can prevent the occurrence of unexpected situations like being pregnant and having their own family at their early age.
Use Age Appropriate Books
In the recent year, there is a wide variety of sex education books that are widely available online and in the market. It is a fact that talking with your child about sex is an awkward topic however with the existence of age appropriate books about sex; you will not find hard time and difficulty to discuss sexual matters to your child.
As your child is growing up, it is very normal that they will ask questions about sex and they deserve to have accurate answers. According to studies, age appropriate books will serve as the starting point for sex scenario conversation with your child.
Books are also considered as the safety net if the conversation totally fails. The following are the benefits in reading age appropriate books that are creatively designed and intended for your child.
The Perks in Reading Age Appropriate Books
If you really want to discuss the birds and the bees with your child, the first thing that you should consider is to read some of the age appropriate books that are designed to help you in discussing the birds and the bees with your child. If you are one of those parents who are searching for the best age appropriate books for your child, you don’t need to worry since they are widely available in the present year.
With the help of these books, your child will have an apparent and superior understanding about the things that they want to know about the real world of sex. Talking with your child about sexuality and sex is quite uncomfortable at first however it will get better and easier with practice and time.
• Most of the age appropriate books about sex are designed for various ages and this is one of the reasons why you can easily choose the best books that suits to the age of your child. When your child reads these age appropriate books about sex, you can be sure that they will learn a lot of things and at the same time most of their questions about sex will have accurate and truthful answers.
There are various ways to start your conversation with your child about sex and with the presence of these books, you can easily and quickly explain and guide them with this matter.
• Most teens consider their parents as their biggest influence especially when it comes in their decisions about sex. Those teens who have good conversation with their parents and read age appropriate books are more likely to delay their sexual activity, use contraceptives like condoms and have fewer partners.
As a parent, it is your responsibility to guide and deal with your child regarding sexuality and sex. When you hear the term “sexuality”, what is the first thing that comes into your mind?
Sexuality includes various topics that include female and male bodies, how they work, kinds of relationships, reproduction, human development, how to avoid sexual transmitted diseases and pregnancy and sexual behavior.
• It is fact that talking and discussing the birds and bees with your child is not easy and with the presence of age appropriate books, you can easily explain the important things that they need to know about sex and sexuality.
• There are parents who plan to talk with their child about sex for months since they are expecting that they can explain everything to them all at once however when the talk does not go according to your plan, it is very normal that parents will get frustrated. It is true that talking with your child about sexuality and sex is recognized as lifelong conversation.
It is very important to talk with your child as early as possible to avoid curiosity and confusion. When curiosity occurs, this is the best time for you to start the conversation with your child. During the talk, you will notice that you and your child will build trusting and respectful relationship that you will extremely love.
• If you have young children, you encourage them to read those age appropriate books that will help them to know the different names of their body parts. When you talk to your child about sex, it is very imperative to keep your conversation age appropriate. In this way, they can easily cope up with the topic and it would be easier for them, to understand the issues regarding sex and sexuality.
• As a parent, the best thing that you should do is to available and open especially when your child wants to discuss important things about sex. You can provide your child with age appropriate books that suit with their age.
With the existence of age appropriate books, you will not find hard time and difficulty to explain the salient things about sex that your child needs to know.Other Details
- 1 Ebook (DOCX, PDF), 27 Pages
- 1 Salespage (HTML)
- Ecover (JPG)
- File Size: 9,795 KB