Sample Content Preview
For a parent who suspects their child may have Aspergers syndrome, what are the common symptoms to look out for?
Aspergers syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a child’s ability to socialize and communicate effectively with others. Children with Aspergers syndrome typically exhibit social awkwardness and an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.
Signs and symptoms of Aspergers syndrome include:
• Displaying unusual nonverbal communication, such as lack of eye contact, few facial expressions, or awkward body postures and gestures
• Showing an intense obsession with one or two specific, narrow subjects, such as baseball statistics, train schedules, weather or snakes
• Appearing not to understand, empathize with, or be sensitive to others’ feelings
• Having a hard time “reading” other people or understanding humor
• Speaking in a voice that is monotonous, rigid or unusually fast
• Moving clumsily, with poor coordination
• Having an odd posture or a rigid gait
Autism and Aspergers Syndrome are difficult to diagnose especially in young children where language and cognitive skills are still developing. All children are different, and many toddlers show a sign or symptom of Aspergers syndrome at some point. It’s natural for small children to be egocentric, and many little ones show a strong interest in a particular topic, such as dinosaurs or a favorite fictional character. These alone aren’t reasons to be alarmed!
However, if your child has frequent problems in school or seems unable to make friends, it’s time to consult your pediatrician. These difficulties have many possible causes, but developmental disorders such as Aspergers syndrome shouldn’t be ruled out.Other Details
- Ecover (JPG)
- Year Released/Circulated: 2009
- File Size: 1,098 KB
[YES] Can be sold on Auction sites
[YES] Can be sold on your website.
[YES] Can sell Master Resale Rights (You have permission to resell AAR and give Master Resale Rights to your buyers)
[NO] Can sell Private Label Rights
[NO] Can be given away
[NO] Can be offered as a bonus
[NO] Can be packaged into an ebook or new product
[NO] Can be copied or reproduced without permission.