Table of Contents
What Is SEO
Intro to Indexing
What Your Page Needs For Indexing
The Indexing Procedure
Sample Content Preview
Chapter 3: What Your Page Needs For Indexing
While the basic idea of how the Index works is pretty simple, really getting Indexed may be a really difficult thing to accomplish, particularly if you’re impatient. Explaining it is comparatively easy and that’s what I am going to do. You are able to get into Google’s index really simple and pretty quick if you play your cards right and abide by the “rules”.
Get Your Page Ready
I ought to state now that I’m saying page and not site for a reason. Normally your whole web site consisting of lots of pages won’t get indexed or at any rate it won’t get indexed as a whole. It will be indexed page by page. You/individuals have assorted pages and links for a reason. Besides making it simple for your visitors to discover what they want, it makes it simple for Google to discover also. If you’re decent to Google it’ll be decent to you also.
The search engines have remote control computers named “spiders” or “bots”. These spiders scrub the net for new or updated web pages. When they’re out and about spidering or crawling (like a spider) they nearly always pick up on the fresh and or updated pages. In order for the spiders to crawl your page you’ll simply need a couple of ingredients on your page.
Let’s name the requirements to be indexed, indexing requirements all right? There are a few general requirements if you wish to Indexed. I’ll go over them in detail and explain why every one is so crucial.
As an illustration, consider constructing a home. When you’re constructing a home you don’t simply have a home built in one day. You are able to likely do the foundation in a day with the correct team and tools however the furniture, fixtures, and so on… will take time.
1. Page Title – a lot of individuals overlook this or really look too much into the title of your page. A great tip is to write for Google and not for your viewers. There’s a way to accomplish both but some view it as dishonorable, I’ll get into this later.
The most crucial thing you truly need to pay attention to is that the title of your page coincides with the subjects of the page. Additionally it helps to have the word or phrase you wish to be indexed in Google in the literal title of your page. For instance, if you wish to get your page on auto detailing into Google you’re going to need to have a title like “auto Detailing”.
The title of your page is what partially tells Google what your page is about. Google is simply a computer so it simply understands so much. Keep it simple and you’re all set. Incidentally, the
Title is part of what we call the “Meta” of “META” tags. Following, I’ll get into those.
2. META Tags – You’ve likely heard of Meta Tags earlier. They’re not so much for individuals as they are for the spiders or bots that search engines utilize when seeking info. They tell the search engines stuff that solely the search engines may see.
I’m not certain how familiar you are with graffiti however when you see the writing on the walls, virtually, the spray paint on the outside of buildings or on overpasses or street sings, a few of those are called “tags”. It’s the people leaving there mark. You accomplish the same thing with your pages.
The definition for Meta is after or beyond. For us, this implies the extra parts of the page that we human beings don’t require but that the spiders and bots require and wish to see after the viewer has already seen the additional parts. A few individuals refer to Meta tags as “spider food” as the spiders that finally get you indexed adore these tags and it’s like feeding the spiders. There are a lot of META tags, you truly only need to worry about 3 of them. All 3 are really crucial:
1. The Title Tag – I previously looked into this in the first part but simply to recap, this tag is where you wish to input the title of your page.
2. The Keyword Tag – once again, this ought to be self explanatory but the keyword tag is where you input your keywords for your page. The sole reason you pose keywords into the META tag area is so the search engines may see them so it recognizes what to do with your page.
3. The Description Tag – Like the additional tags, we don’t do them to simply waste time, we do them to speak to the search engines in their own language. The description tag is where you put a description of the page you wish indexed.
A basic error with the description tag is to compose a description about your entire site. Unless you’re working in the primary page or index page of your site this will be of no use to you or the search engines. If your page is on “PC speakers” you’ll have to describe concisely what about PC speakers your page is about. Is it about how or where to purchase them or how they’re made or? You get it…
The description tag is occasionally the sole tag that viewers may really see in the search engine listings. Not constantly but occasionally when searched correctly or when the page is pulled from the index in the correct way the surfer will see what your verbal description is. Commonly the page is exhibited in the listing/index as a fast snippet of text from your page that the search engine believes will be of interest to the surfer based on what they wrote in the Search Box.
3. Page Content – once again, a few individuals will altogether overlook this part or again look into it a bit much. I stated previously that you need to attempt and write for Google and not for the real viewer. This holds true for particular aspects of your page and not for other parts. On the one hand when you’re authoring for Google it may get you indexed rapidly and get you to appear high in the listings. On the other hand if you’re writing to appeal simply to Google, it might leave the real viewer of the page in a haze and they’ll simply leave.
The most beneficial way to approach material is to simply write enlightening, well laid out text and then go back and accent particular parts to make it SEO friendly. This essentially means simply making good utilization of your keywords throughout the material.
When I compose content I like to choose my keywords first. You’re essentially targeting individuals who are seeking a very specific thing. In the long run you might get less traffic but you’re getting a much more targeted or narrow audience which in spite of the name is a great thing.
Once you’ve the keywords you wish to utilize for the page you kind of just write around the keywords. The keywords are going to match your page with the keywords that individuals are searching for so make certain you do a little research.
4. The Page Layout and Design – If you view some of the most popular and long-familiar sites that you either heard about from an offline commercial or buzz or a net commercial or buzz what do you observe?
One thing that you ought to observe if you don’t is that they’re never too fancy and they’re always simple to navigate. Again, this isn’t only intended to make it simple for the viewer to get around and appealing to them visually but the HTML code that’s utilized to build it is clean and easy.
Remember when I stated the spiders and robots that scrub the net are computers just like you’re utilizing now. They don’t care how fancy your page is. The clearer and simpler the code, the better.
A different design hint is to avoid too much CSS. CSS is an awesome way to get a head start on a design but keep everything to a minimal. The more basic HTML the better. Keeping it easy has never been simpler when you’re utilizing simple HTML.
You don’t need something that is so common and boring it looks like somebody who simply finished the 2d class of 5 in HTML design made it but you don’t have to have anything too fancy or crazy. You’ll discover that the sites of bands and musicians, and so forth… are commonly very heavy with graphics and flash and additional eye candy however they’re commonly ranked very low in the Index.
The bots were made a long time ago and they still like the old school code and they’ll repay you by getting you indexed quick and at a great position in the listings.
Please don’t over think this or anything I’ve said too much. I’m merely giving you a few pointers. The best way to succeed with SEO is to try it out and see what works.
As I stated in earlier there’s again a way to have a web site as fancy as you want with tons of artwork and extra codes, and so forth… that only viewers may see then another version for the bots that bears everything they want. I promise I’ll go into that later.
By now you ought to have a pretty great grasp on the actual ingredients, elements, foundations or whatever else you wish to name them. You know the stuff you have to have to get your page indexed. But how do you really get indexed?Other Details
- 1 Ebook (DOCX, PDF), 26 Pages
- Ecover (JPG)
- File Size: 10,583 KB