Table of Contents
What is Clean Eating and its Rationale? 4
10 Reasons Why You Should Start Eating Clean 6
7 Guidelines/Principles of Clean Eating 9
How Does Clean Eating Aid in Maintaining Health and Managing Diseases 14
10 Days Clean Eating Challenge 17
Sample Content Preview
What is Clean Eating and Why is it Important?
You’ve probably heard before about clean eating but do not exactly know what it’s about and how to join the health trend. Clean eating is consuming whole foods which are near as possible to their natural state. In other words, it is eating only foods which have undergone minimal processes of refining, processing and handling, making them as close to their natural state as possible. It does not involve eating a specific amount of food or less of something, but being mindful of where the food comes from, its process and how you finally put it on your plate.
Nowadays, it is difficult to find foods which have not been refined or processed in some way. This becomes a challenge for clean eating enthusiasts. The rationale of clean eating emphasizes on raw food options such as fruits and vegetables while eliminating refined grains, sugars, salt and unhealthy fats and proteins.
Should You Be Eating Clean?
Anyone aspiring for a healthy diet should go for clean foods. Eating clean is very easy to follow and does not require any strenuous effort apart from being mindful of your food choices. Unlike dieting, you are not restricted to any specific amount of food and hence calories. You can eat as much as you would like to, or less for that matter. What is important is to ensure that you make healthy food choices by selecting foods that are not refined or processed. Choose foods which are as close to their natural and raw state as much as possible.
How to Go about Eating Clean Food and Why it is Important to You
Clean eating has a lot of dietary benefits that comes along with it. Knowing how to make the right food choices is only the beginning. With the challenge of not knowing which food is to be considered clean, it is vital that you follow these steps to be able to eat clean.
* Eliminate processed foods: Processed foods have undergone various refining stages. They have additives and ingredients which are considered unhealthy. To begin with, check whether the ingredient list has anything that is classified as additive or artificial colors. Many refined foods have sodium, sugar and fat which do not qualify them as clean foods. There are however clean packaged foods such as whole-wheat pasta, baby spinach and chickpeas which are all good clean eating options.
* Eat more veggies: Vegetables are classy sources of vitamins A and K which help improve your vision and immune system. Go for fresh vegetables which are obtained straight from the farm, they are unprocessed and clean.
* Eat healthy fats: When eating clean, you do not need to cut back on all fat, but instead opt for clean options or healthy fats. Swap out saturated fats such as those found in meat, cheese and butter. Healthy fats are vital in improving the health of your heart and also in raising the level of the good cholesterol, HDL cholesterol.
* Reduce alcohol: This may contain unhealthy sugars and excess amount of calories which is not good for your health. Avoid mixed drinks containing lots of sugars. Be moderate in your alcohol intake-one drink per day for women and two for men.
* Monitor your salt intake: Many people have a problem of taking more than the recommended limit of 2,300 mg of sodium per day. This exposes them to high blood pressure. By eating clean, you should avoid packaged foods which are high in sodium.
* Eat whole grains: Choose whole grains which contain bran and germ, unlike refined grains which have them removed during processing. When shopping, check the label to ascertain that it is ‘whole wheat’ and not just ‘wheat’.
* Check the portion size of meat: Eat less meat. But this does not mean that you entirely eliminate any prospect of meat. Certain meats have saturated fat which does not constitute healthy eating. Lean meat is a preferred option.
* Eat more fruits: Fruits are naturally sweet, delicious, rich in potassium and vitamin C. Take 1½ to 2 cups of fruit per day to obtain the recommended vitamins. Go for whole unprocessed fruits which are raw and obtained straight from the farm.
* Clean eating requires your deliberate effort by consciously choosing what to eat and being mindful all the time. It is not difficult once you are aware of what you should be eating and what to avoid. Avoid or cut back on anything refined or containing unknown ingredients which form a lengthy list on the label. These are most likely processed and ultimately unclean foods.Other Details
- 2 Ebooks (DOC, TXT), 24 Pages
- 2 Graphics (PSD, JPG)
- Year Released/Circulated: 2017
- File Size: 8,304 KB
What you CAN do:
- You can add the content to an ebook or product that you plan to sell or give away for individual use.
- You can modify the content by removing, adding or otherwise editing to suit your needs.
- You can use the content on your websites, blogs, newsletters or anywhere you publish content.
- You can bundle the content into a viral report, free ebook, product or bonus for your customers.
- You can add your affiliate links, product links, Adsense and other ad code.
- You can charge for access to read this content. For example, a paid ebook, membership site or other paid access content.
What you cannot do:
- You cannot sell this product.