Table Of Contents
Disclaimer ………………………….. 3
Understanding Goal Setting Theory ……… 4
Motivation and Goal Setting ……… 6
Importance of Goal Setting ………. 8
Setting Goals and Objectives ……….. 10
Goal Setting Techniques ……….. 12
Goal Setting Strategy …….. 14
Tips on Goal Setting ……… 16
Sample Content Preview
Understanding Goal Setting Theory
Perhaps the most popular proponents of the goal setting theory are philosophers E.A. Locke and G. Latham. Their theory suggests that goal setting is innate among human beings and that identifying and mapping out methods to reach them are some of the most natural factors of human behavior.
Related literature would tell you that goal setting theory is rooted on these four basic ideas: 1. People rationally set task-related goals.
2. People are the ones that determine how much time and effort are afforded into reaching these goals.
3. Goals, to be effective, must be specific, accepted and attainable.
4. It is important to be list feedback on performance.
The goal setting theory assumes all of the above four and makes the following general claims:
1. Goal setting affects behavior.
2. Difficult goals result in higher performance levels.
3. Motivation comes from lessons from a previous goal.
4. Goal clarity affects performance.
5. Goal difficulty is directly proportional to satisfaction.
Goal setting and behavior
Goal setting theory states that identifying goals allows people to make calculated decisions. Once these are realized, they naturally direct and provide motivations soOther Details
- 1 Ebook (PDF), 18 Pages
- Year Released/Circulated: 2012
- File Size: 482 KB
[ Yes ] Can sell the eBook to your customers with personal use rights only.
[ Yes ] Can be translated into other languages and sold.
[ Yes ] Can include within website flips (personal rights only).
[ Yes ] Can give away eBook (PDF Format).
[ Yes ] Can be used as a bonus (PDF Format).
[ Yes ] Can include eBook in membership site (PDF Format).
[ No ] Cannot sell with MRR or RR.
[ No ] Cannot sell with PLR.
[ No ] Cannot be combined with other offers.