Table of Contents
The Basics On Effectiveness
Clarify Your Goals
Learn To Put First Things First
Understand The Win Win Mentality
The Benefits Of Being A More Effective Person
Staying Motivated To be More Effective
Staying On Track
Making Resolutions For Being An Effective Person
Sample Content Preview
Chapter 2: Be Proactive
As part of obtaining effectiveness as a person, you have to understand how to be proactive. Being proactive is about taking responsibility when it comes to your actions and life than simply watching how such things happen and pass by. It actually takes time because you need to consider the available options. You need to learn to weigh alternatives wisely and make an informed decision to reach your goals in life. The “reactive” behavior has been influenced by outside forces and environmental factors.
An individual’s proactive behavior or proactivity refers to change-oriented, self-initiated and anticipatory behavior in a particular situation, such as in a workplace. Proactive behavior includes acting on a future situation in advance than simply reacting. This means taking control of things and making them happen than waiting for things to happen or adjusting to such situation.
Proactive behavior has been contrasted with some work-related behaviors, like proficiency or adaptivity. Adaptivity refers to change response, while proactivity refers to change initiation. Proactivity has not been restricted to additional role performance behavior.
How to be Proactive?
As you face your daily chances, there have been 2 key approaches to take the necessary action. The first one is the reactive approach, and the other one is the proactive approach.
Proactive approach has been an alternative to reactive action-taking. In this approach, you have to determine the tasks (actions) in advanced .These are the tasks you will take in the entire day. However, at times, you need to stay flexible for some unexpected occurrences. Proactive action-taking has been characterized by providing a possible action thought while making decisions consciously.
The truth is that there are more people who use the reactive action-taking approach than a proactive one. Still, it is possible and straightforward to change an approach. This is how to do it:
• Faith in Proactive behavior – the first step is having a mental transformation of what you have believed. To be a proactive action-taker, believe that it will work.
• Personal Action Plan – PAP has three initial sections which are comprised of ghost actions, minor actions, and major actions. In order to make it simpler, determine 3 main actions you wanted to do within a day. In the mean time, forget about other ghost or minor actions. Take them on the next part of the process.
• Focus on Your Action – After identifying the big actions, start by accomplishing one at a time. Stay for a while and take a break for refreshment. Come back and do the next task. Take these steps until you accomplish the other items on the list.
• Avoid reactive triggers – it can be difficult not to fall back to your previous behaviors. Give your best to get rid of reactive action taking through avoiding some common factors around you or the previous things you used to do. Focus on the 3 things you have identified. Do not allow anybody else to ruin your day and your mindset.
• Be firm – If you were not used to do so, the proactive approach might be quite odd for you, especially when you were previously a reactive action-taker. Have some time in changing your approach. Never fight against yourself and go back to the old ways. The best thing to do is to go back to being proactive and do better continuously.
To be proactive also indicates anticipating problems, giving your best and finding new solutions. On the contrary, being reactive means resolving problems when turned up, performing minimum effort, and disliking changes. Being proactive is having clear thoughts about personal goals and carrying out right actions to make these goals achievable.
Chapter 3: Clarify Your Goals
Goals provide the direction while it helps a person spend his time constructively. Adjust and change your goals regularly. Goals and priorities do change as time passes by.
Thus, it is highly essential to have a keen review of them every monthly. This way, you can assess where you are going and where you’ve been at this moment.
Actually, there are techniques to use when you want to clarify your present goals. You do not have to prepare many things just to do so. One way is by writing each of your goals down on a sheet of paper.
Separate them into business and personal categories. Ask yourself if each of them is important to you. If one of them is not, remove that sheet of paper and throw it into the trash can. If yes, keep it there.
The next thing to do is to ask yourself whether you are willing to do repeated actions to achieve that goal. If no, remove that sheet of paper and discard it. If yes, keep it. Finally, evaluate what you really wish to achieve. Determine how you are going to measure success against that goal and how you can tell if you were able to achieve it. The most critical question is when you want to achieve this goal.
This is a simple activity is also fun and easy to do. It will definitely help you clarify goals not only by being more specific. Do not hesitate to try this action and see how far you can go. After discovering your potential to clarify your goals in life, you can encourage other people to do the same thing.
After mastering the process of setting your goals and overcome all the obstacles in your efforts, then you can handle various goals. Make sure that your goals are achievable. These goals should be challenging and measurable. See to it that you can immediately tell if you observe progress or not.
Aside from that, you need to have general time allotment while achieving the goal. Remember that it may not always be possible to have good control of event timings. You must be able to identify the general time length in which you will achieve your goal. It is always essential to make clarifications on the things you wish to get.
However, do not forget that it is also crucial to have good understanding of the reasons of the need to attain them. There are 5 main questions you need to answer during the process of learning how to clarify goals in life.
• What is my goal?
• Why is it crucial for me to achieve it?
• How can obtaining this goal affect my life?
• What benefits will I experience when I achieved this goal?
• What do I risk losing if I did not obtain my goal?
There have been more available ways to achieve the most effective and best goal setting in life. All you have to do is to make a good choice and informed decisions in all things you do.
Chapter 4: Learn to Put First Things First
You have to be extra careful if you do not have an idea where you are going. This is due to the reason that you may not actually get there. As you reach the time of leaving behind daily stresses and worries of life, you should start defining the successful exit.
Unless you learned setting and prioritizing your exit objectives or goals, you might have many conflicts.
Prioritizing objects helps you pick your whole path. This task is not really easy, however, doing so can provide a frame to proper decision making.
At some points of your life, you might experience waking up one morning knowing that you got a lot of things to do and you do not have an idea where to get started. Most of the time, all things you need to do may seem to be a priority, making it difficult to determine how or where to start.
First Things First!
To make a ball move forward, start somewhere. There are several planning tactics that are helpful enough when it comes to setting your mind on an immediate execution. Even if long term planning and prioritization are also important, the following techniques below will help you experience progress, on a daily micro level basis.
• Provide a list – when you wake up every morning, the first thing to do is to take note of the things that are needed to be accomplished within the day. After writing them down, separate such items into non-urgent vs. urgent to distinguish the main priorities for the day.
• Value assessment – Complete your tasks and you will get more advantages than others.
• Honesty – when your write down the list of your priorities, try to be realistic with your bandwidth. When you set unattainable goals, you will just be disappointed in the end.
• Flexibility – to effectively prioritize, you need to deal with those changing priorities. Get them once they come, then decide carefully if they were urgent or not.
• Cutting the Cord – For perfectionists, this is actually where they struggle the most. When a particular task is highly essential, it is easy to be caught up. As a result, you spend much time doing that task or project. Acknowledge every time you do this and try to enforce a strict deadline to get rid of getting down a rabbit hole.
Knowing that you have so many things to do every day can definitely make you feel overwhelmed. However, once you start managing them, you can easily prioritize things easier and faster.Other Details
- 1 Article (DOC)
- 1 Ebook (DOCX, PDF), 33 Pages
- 1 Lead Magnet Report (DOC, PDF), 12 Pages
- 1 Autoresponder Email Messages (TXT)
- 1 Salespage (HTML)
- Ecover (JPG)
- File Size: 34,780 KB