Table of Contents
Taking Charge Basics
Determining Your Motivators
Arrange Your Goals
Get Moving Toward Your Goals
Use Time Management
Use Self Discipline
Sample Content Preview
Determining Your Motivators
Motivators have a big impact in your life. There are different types of motivation and each one of them is unique in its own way. Learn more about motivation and decide which one of them is your motivator.
Understanding the Different Kinds of Motivation
What drives people to do the things that they do? Why are some people successful while others are failures? The right answer for this probably lies in their motivations.
Even from an early age, you are already aware that motivation is what prompts you to learn and exhibit various kinds of behavior, stimulating you to accomplish new successful feats. And when you mature and grow older while going through the different stages of your life, you also get to learn the things that motivate you and the things that don’t.
In general, motivation is being defined as the force which compels people to action. This is what drives you to work hard and pushes you to succeed. It greatly influences your behavior as well as your ability to accomplish goals.
Motivation comes in different forms, with every single one of them having an influence on a person’s behavior. No specific kind of motivation works for all people. Individuals have different personalities in the same way that the kind motivation that has an effect on their behavior also does, too.
Types of Motivation
• Fear – This kind of motivation comes with consequences and this is usually used when another kind of motivation, the incentive motivation, becomes a failure. Negative consequences or punishment are forms of this motivation. This is usually used for motivating the students in educational system and is also used in professional settings for motivating employees. When rules are broken or the set goal was not achieved, you will be penalized in some way.
• Incentive – This form of motivation is one that involves rewards, either in the form of money or not. A lot of people are driven when they know that they will be getting a reward when they reached a goal or target. Promotions and bonuses are great examples of this kind of motivation.
• Growth – The need to improve yourself is a kind of internal motivation. The burning desire of knowing yourself more as well as the outside world is something that can be a strong motivation form. Humans by nature will always seek to grow and learn. Motivation for growth is seen in a person’s yearning for change. A lot of people are wired by their personalities or upbringing to always look for change either in their knowledge or internal or external environment. Stagnation is considered as both undesirable and negative.
• Achievement – Also called drive for competency, achievement motivation is where you are driven to attain your goals and take on new challenges. It is when you want to improve your skills and prove your competency not only to others but also to yourself. In general, this feeling of achievement and accomplishment is something that has an intrinsic nature.
• Social – A lot of people are motivated by different social factors. It can actually be the desire to be accepted or belong to a certain peer group or the desire to relate to other people in your environment or the world as a whole. You have this innate need of feeling connected with others, and the need for affiliation and acceptance. A passionate and genuine desire or contributing and making a different in other people’s lives can also be another form of this social motivation. When you have the longing of making a contribution to the world around you, this is a sign that social factors motivate you.
• Power – Power motivation can either be in the form of desire of controlling other people or desire for autonomy. You want to have control over your life and make the choices. You strive for your ability of directing the way that you live now and the way that your life is going to unfold in the future. Also, some people aspire of controlling others around them. Some people have a stronger desire for this compared to the rest. In some instances, this power craving can make people exhibit immoral, illegal or harmful behavior. In some situations, the longing for power is as simple as the desire of affecting others’ behavior. It is when you just want people to do what you want based on your timetable and how you want things to be done.
By determining your motivators, you will be able to pinpoint the specific type of motivation that will be most effective when it comes to inspiring the wanted behavior either in yourself or in other people.
Arrange Your Goals
To take charge of your life, you need to make sure that you are clear when it comes to your goals. Organizing them in their way of importance is the best way to ensure that you will reach the big thing. This chapter will give you a short guide for arranging your goals.
Once you have set down to creating your life’s goals, you will surely have some difficulties in actually getting started. There is a high chance that you will end up forgetting the goals that you made. You will also find it hard to remember the smaller goals that you have to complete for you to reach your big goals. Or you probably think that you are not really making any progress just because you did not write down anything.
Arranging and organizing your goals will surely be of great help for you to reach them faster and at the same time be aware of the progress that you are making.
Steps for Goal Organization
So, how do you go about goal organization?
What Do You Plan to Achieve?
First of all, you have to accept and realize the fact that educational, financial and career goals will need more time and effort compared to other goals. You also need to consider your health if you have some physical goals like toning, gaining muscle and weight loss. Make sure that you discuss things with your doctor prior to trying any of them.
When you arrange your goals, you have to start with those that are easier first. Goals like doing things that you enjoy or changing your attitude are much easier to be completed and can be reached faster.
Also, never be afraid of asking for help. You can let other people know about the goals that you have, particularly when you goal is to make a difference in the world, which makes other people want to lend a helping hand.
List down all of your goals based on their level of importance and come up with a separate sheet for every goal with the smaller goals that you will have to accomplish in order to get there. Make sure that you keep the list of your goals and all the things that you need to achieve them in a single place. Your mobile device can be a good place to keep them but other portable things will already work.Other Details
- 1 Ebook (DOCX, PDF), 29 Pages
- 1 Salespage (HTML)
- Ecover (JPG)
- File Size: 116,052 KB