Table of Contents
Mental Health Basics
Are you Resilient?
Take Good Care of Yourself
When do you need to see a Professional?
Sample Content Preview
Are you Resilient?
Being mentally and emotionally healthy does not mean that you are not going to experience bad times or emotional problems. Most people go through change, loss and disappointments. These are considered as normal parts of your life however they can still cause stress, anxiety and sadness. The only difference is that people who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the ability to bounce back from stress, trauma and adversity. This type of ability is known as resilience.
Individuals who are mentally and emotionally healthy have the helpful tools that are intended for coping with difficult scenarios in life and at the same time maintain and build a positive outlook on life. These people remain creative, flexible and focused during the bad times of their lives. One of the best key factors of resilience is your ability to completely balance your emotions and stress. If you have the potential to recognize your feelings and emotions, you can be sure that you will find hard times and difficulties much easier to cope and deal with effectively and appropriately.
By doing this, you are assured that you can avoid getting stuck in a negative mood or suffering from anxiety and depression. Another important key factor is having an excellent support network. If you have trusted people that you can turn to during bad times and hardships in life, you can easily find support and encouragement that will boost your resilience during tough times. Here, you will discover the role of resilience in emotional and mental health.
Physical Health is simply Connected to Emotional and Mental Health
It is a fact that taking good care of yourself is considered to be a powerful way to get a hold on your emotional and mental health. Your body and mind are linked together and this is one of the reasons why when you develop your physical health, you will automatically experience greater emotional and mental well-being.
Regular exercise will not just strengthen your lungs and heart, it also has the potential to release endorphins within your body. Endorphins are powerful chemicals that are responsible for energizing the body as well as lifting the mood of people. Daily choices as well as the activities that you engage in can greatly affect the way you feel emotionally and physically.
Tips on how to Get a Hold on Your Emotional and Mental Health
If you are a person who wants to easily get a hold on their emotional and mental health, it is very imperative that you are familiar and aware of some very effective tips. The following are some tips that will make getting a hold on your mental health much easier.
Have enough rest- In order to maintain good emotional and mental health, the first thing that you need to do is to take good care of yourself, especially your body. Having enough rest and getting adequate hours of sleep is highly recommended, especially with teenagers. Individuals need 7-8 hours of sleep every night to function optimally. If you have enough hours of sleep, you can be sure that you are one step closer to becoming emotionally and mentally healthy.
Learn good nutrition- You need to learn how to have a well-balanced diet. A lot of people are unaware of how large of a role nutrition actually plays in our moods and our mental health. It may be difficult for you to follow this diet in the beginning but it will surely pay off in the long run.
Exercise to get rid of stress- It is a fact that regular exercise has the ability to help you to easily get rid of stress and at the same time it can lift up your mood. According to studies, exercise is considered to be a powerful antidote for depression, anxiety and stress. You can look for simple ways that you can add exercise into your daily activities such as taking the stairs of your house instead of using the elevator or you can also go on short walks. If you want to experience the amazing benefits of being emotionally and mentally healthy, 30 minutes of daily exercise can be a great help.
Get a small dose of sunlight each day- Sunlight has the ability to lift your mood. The best thing that you can do is to get a small dose of sunlight each day for about 10-15 minutes. This can also be done while you are socializing, gardening and exercising.
Limit your Alcohol intake- Apart from drinking alcohol, it is also important to avoid using drugs and cigarettes. These are well known stimulants that have the ability to let your feel good for a short period of time, however they have long term negative effects, especially for your emotional health and mood.
Being resilient does not cost anything and anyone can master it, especially with the presence of practice. Most of all, being resilient has the ability to enhance every aspect of your life.
Take Good Care of Yourself
For those individuals who want to improve, strengthen and maintain their emotional and mental health, the first thing that they can do is to take good care of their selves. It is very essential to pay attention to your feelings and needs. Don’t let negative emotions and stress build up in your system since it can harm your overall health. You have to balance the things that you love to do and your daily activities and responsibilities. If you take good care of yourself, you can be sure that you are a hundred percent prepared and ready to deal with trials and challenges that might come into your life. Taking good care of yourself usually includes pursuing the activities that release endorphins within your body. According to researchers, endorphins are naturally released within your body when you do the following:
• Positively impact others- It is a fact that being valued for all the things that you do and being useful to other people can easily build self-confidence and self-esteem. If you really want to build your self- confidence and self-esteem, do certain things that can greatly impact other people in a nice and meaningful way.
• Practice the importance of self-discipline- It is true that self control can lead to a sense of hopefulness and at the same time it can greatly help you to easily overcome your negative thoughts, helplessness and despair. By practicing self-discipline, you can be sure that you can easily become emotionally and mentally healthy.
• Enjoy the wondrous beauty of art and nature- There are some studies that show that by simply walking in your garden, you can reduce your stress and lower down the level of your blood pressure. Apart from this, sitting on a beach, viewing architecture, hiking and strolling through art galleries and parks can also lower your blood pressure and reduce stress.
• Manage your level of stress- According to researchers, stress takes a heavy toll on people’s emotional and mental health. This is one of the reasons why you need to manage and control your stress. It is a fact that not all stressors can be easily prevented however strategies for stress management will greatly help you to bring things into balance.
• Limit your unhealthy emotional and mental habits- Too much worrying is considered as one of the well known unhealthy emotional and mental habits of most people in the present time. It is very important to avoid becoming too absorbed by your repetitive mental habits. Moreover, negative thoughts can suck up your time and drain your energy. It can also trigger your feelings of depression, fear and anxiety.Other Details
- 1 Ebook (DOCX, PDF), 29 Pages
- 1 Salespage (HTML)
- Ecover (JPG)
- File Size: 119,033 KB